FREE SSL Lets Encrypt
WPDevPlus proudly announces the addition of Lets Encrypt for all our Hosted Clients
Since around 1995 we have spent, in the beginning hundreds of dollars for SSL certificates up until today from $9.95 up to a couple of hundred dollars for SSL certificates. Now 2016 we have a new choice for basic website encryption Lets Encrypt. As most technology things are bought and sold they usually reach a low point in price. That day has finally come for SSL certificates. ISRG’s mission is to reduce financial, technological, and education barriers to secure communication over the Internet. This is indeed a great day for the opening of the internet to all bloggers, entrepreneurs and those we do not even no about yet.
Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA), run for the public’s benefit. Let’s Encrypt is a service provided by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).
The key principles behind Let’s Encrypt are:
- Free: Anyone who owns a domain name can use Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate at zero cost.
- Automatic: Software running on a web server can interact with Let’s Encrypt to painlessly obtain a certificate, securely configure it for use, and automatically take care of renewal.
- Secure: Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices, both on the CA side and by helping site operators properly secure their servers.
- Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The automatic issuance and renewal protocol will be published as an open standard that others can adopt.
- Cooperative: Much like the underlying Internet protocols themselves, Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organization.
The Lets Encrypt Organization
Let’s Encrypt is operated by a non-profit called Internet Security Research Group (ISRG). ISRG’s mission is to reduce financial, technological, and education barriers to secure communication over the Internet.
ISRG is a California public benefit corporation, and is recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.